In developing your front-yard-landscaping-ideas you'll want to consider several things.
Some of the things you might want to consider would be:
- What is the size of your front yard?
- Is your yard flat or on a hill?
- Do you want a courtyard?
- Do you want a water feature in the front?
- What kind of bushes and trees do you want?
- Do you want perenials or annuals?
- Do you want a rose garden?
- Do you want berms or flat ground?
- Where do you want your walkways or sidewalks?
- Are you going to have an automatic sprinkling system?
Probably the most important thing for you to do is answer these questions, and any others you can think of.
Then make a plan based upon your answers.
Be sure to include areas where
- lawn will be planted
- patios you want
- entry placement
- garden fruit
- fruit bushes
- flower gardens
- courtyard etc.
and draw up your plan indicating each item showing where you want them placed.
front yard flower garden planter
Front yard in desert country
Forsythia bush in spring bloom
Perhaps you'll want some bushes like this beautiful blooming forsythia bush. What an eyecatcher this is.
If your ground is untouched with no landscaping yet, follow these steps:
- Prepare your flower beds including the drip line watering system
- Plan for your water coverage throughout the front lawn
- Then put in the deeper irrigation system for the lawn
- Include a timer which will cycle automatically throughout the week
- Now is the time to put down curbing
- Put your pavers or cement down
- Lay sod or seed
If you have an irrigation system it will make your days of waiting for your yard to mature more enjoyable. Regardless, you will enjoy watching it day by day.
Plan, plan, plan and then make it happen. The fun of it all is seeing your plans take shape.
Types of trees you may want
Pavers or Concrete walks?
Landscaping a slope
Using rocks in your landscaping
Air conditioning your patio or courtyard using misters
Low voltage lighting
Storing your landscape tools and supplies
Building your own home as owner/builder
top of page
| Home |
About Us |
Contact Us |